Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, HBOT, is a specialized form of medical treatment administered by delivering 100% pure oxygen to a patient through increased atmospheric pressure. At pressures greater than normal, the body is able to incorporate more oxygen into blood cells, blood plasma, cerebral-spinal fluid and other bodily fluids. The increased oxygen absorption significantly enhances the body’s ability to aid in its own healing.
Explore the following pages to learn more about Hyperbaric Therapy.
- About Hyperbaric Therapy - A thorough explanation of how HBOT affects the body.
- Treatment Indications - A list of FDA-Approved and ‘Off-Label’ conditions for which HBOT is effective.
- 21 Reasons for Hyperbaric Therapy - A detailed explanation of 21 reasons why HBOT is an effective treatment for a variety of medical conditions.
- Hyperbaric Therapy for Autism - Information regarding the treatment of autism with HBOT.
- Hyperbaric Therapy for Macular Degeneration – Information regarding the treatment of adult macular degeneration (AMD) with HBOT.